Pupstyle’s Luxury Dog Fashion Expert Dara Foster recently was trend spotting at NY Pet Fashion Week and found some interesting luxury market trends to watch for in the coming seasons. Whether your taste for dog fashion belongs in the the “Dwell, modern & minimalist” camp or the “Precious Princess Baby” camp, you’ll find something creative and new from designers in the coming months.
Here’s a sneak peak into some of the trends you’ll be seeing on the streets and in the parks…
- Expensive fragrances that are designed for both human and dog to share
- Gun graphics are replacing the punk-inspired skull and cross bones images we’ve been seeing for the past year
- Designers will offer a wider variety of clothes for boy dogs and more unisex design and color choices (pink’s stranglehold on doggie duds seems to be slipping!)
- Metallic and Patent Leather carriers/handbags, leashes & collars
- Minimalist, modern, organic feeling dog beds and feeders with strong Scandinavian influences(in an effort to appeal to the Dwell crowd)
- Wider variety of dog footwear mimicking human fashion trends
- The coordination trend will move beyond “Mommy & Me” sweater sets as outfits are designed to coordinate with new streetwear designs.
- Silk screened T-shirts and “vintage”-style coats with Punk-inspired sewn on Patches
- Multi stranded leashes
Keep an eye out for these trends and more to be profiled and featured in the upcoming Pupstyle video podcast.