PupStyle parents demand the best for their dog from premium food to fashion and rarely do I stumble upon a luxury brand like TruPet that serves up both!!!
TruePet was founded by the passionate social media maven, Lauri R. Taylor after losing a Great Dane named Truman from cancer at too young of an age. On a quest to develop the most natural, healthiest dog food possible, she created TruDog made from freeze dried real meat. No veggies or fillers, just solid meat and manufactured in the USA (mega bonus!). TruDog brand has been so successful making dogs healthy they’ve expanded into pet fashion and even oral care for fresh kisses!
Check out some of their cool products below and use promo code DARA 15 to for %15 off the entire store.
Doggy Lux dog collars by TruDog are true pet luxury. The leather is imported from Milan and crafted into dog collars dawned with 18k gold hardware and Swarvoski Crystals. They have a great selection of colors ranging from jewel tones beautiful blues to complement any dogs coat $149.00-209.00.
Orapup Starter Kit is a fun way to care for your dogs breath and oral care over all. The Starter kit also comes with a 2oz bottle of Lickies which is loaded with natural enzymes with anti-plaque benefits to keep teeth white and shiny for the camera $19.99.
TruDog Boost Me meal enhancer is a great way to introduce the raw meat diet to your dog by sprinkling it on just about anything as a meal enhancer or training treat. I love the idea of using this a healthy reward for teaching your dog to wear clothes or pose for the camera $12.99.
The holiday’s are quickly approaching and I am always on the look out for unique, gifty ideas that also give back to animal charities. I tracked down the ideal adult holiday gift just about any dog dog lover would appreciate. Hand over a bottle of Chateau La Paws Chardonnay to a dog rescue advocate/party hostess and the conversation will start flowing like wine!
This brand is dedicated to funding no-kill shelters and spreading the adoption message through their cash donations and packaging. The labels feature a rotating cast of 28 different shelter dogs with stories of a few also on their web site.
“In 2015 Chateau La Paws™ & Diageo Chateau & Estates are donating $100,000 to North Shore Animal League America to help fund the great work that they do to rescue, nurture, and adopt as many dogs as possible.” says their “Our Cause” page.
North Shore Animal League is extra special to the PupStyle crew because our current CEO, Mr. Oliver was for former resident. North Shore Animal League rescued Oliver from a puppy mill down south and gave him amazing medical care until I adopted him.
Of course, I can’t fully recommend a fine wine without sampling it myself, so I paired a bottle of their Sauvignon Blanc with brie, sough dough crusty bread and red organic grapes. It was delicious! It has gentle fruit flavors of pineapple, kumquat and peach blossom creating a nice balance between sweet and savory.
A 750 ML bottle will only set you back $12.99 and you’ll feel extra good as you toast to the new year while helping shelter pets. Cheers PupStylers!!
So what to do with that old wine barrel you picked up at a flea market years ago and it’s been collecting dust in the basement? Keep using it as an end table or flower pot? Nah, Rock Creek Furniture Company at Etsy.com came up with a really smart DIY idea that you can try yourself or buy from them.
Beautifully , aged reclaimed wine barrels are turned into stylish dog beds and feeders that you can’t find at a mass retailer. This Colorado based company uses barrels from reclaimed American or French oak which are carefully reinforced, sanded and and sprayed with a high-quality clear finish for a lasting product.
You can change the feeling of the bed easily by experimenting with different fabrics for the cushion. Plaids will give this a classic country look while bold modern prints make it edgy and cool.
A reversible cushion with fleece on one side is a great way to add warmth for winter.
This can be yours for the same price as a case of vintage vino-$250 plus shipping.
PupStyle readers understand style starts from the inside out. A healthy dog leads to a beautiful coat and longevity of your fu-babies life.
Petco announced today that it will stop selling China-made dog and cat treats in 1,300 stores. It no surprise to PupStyle readers that we care deeply about what we put into our pets bodies. We are about giving our pets the the best of everything from food to fashion. I am very proud of Petco for finally pulling China-made food products from the shelves and hope other mass retailers will soon follow in their tracks. I spoke out about this topic on ABC Talk Back Live years ago and applaud their decision….it’s about time.
The trend of feeding your pet premium packaged foods and even home cooked meals fit for a queen has been trending for years.
The trend keeps growing and it’s a huge move for a national retail store to pull china-made products from 1,300 stores. As pet parent awareness grows and are treated more like family members, the the fear of pet food contimation and safety of products is a key consideration for foods and products they buy.
Petsmart is planning to follow their lead and also stop selling china-made pet food product by March-WOOT! Hopefully this movement will catch on and lives will be saved and our pets will live longer.
CNBC is reports that %55 of dog owners agree that safety is a consideration when purchasing food and products. This is a welcome shift in how we think about what we feed our dogs. They are family and deserve to be treated equally!!
At PupStyle.com we get hundreds of product submissions a week from innovate and some not so innovative pet product companies from around the world. I am often asked what is our criteria for reviewing a product? It’s simple, I look for 3 key factors:
1. Stylish, stylish, stylish (must look like time and thought was put into the visual elements of the design).
2. Obsessively innovative (like Thomas Edison innovative)
3. Honest functionality (no gimmicky products-they MUST do what they claim and have high-design elements)
As an avid dog road tripper, I JUMPED at the opportunity when Highwave.com offered to send me 1 of only 10 samples of their newly invented AutoDogMug to put to the test!
The design alone had me totally giddy and I was also impressed with their company back story. This products is designed by the INVENTOR of the world’s first travel mug! Check out the quick video demo which really shows how cool this is.
Yes, the same man who changed the way we carry our coffee on the go, has created the most brilliant dog water travel mug I’ve ever seen.
This simple yet extremely handy product deserved a video to demo how it works. They even included a velcro strap to you can attach the bottle to a back pack, or bicycle $20.
A form of camping involving accommodation and facilities more luxurious than those associated with traditional camping:glamping is likely to satisfy any city slicker seeking a little refuge in nature—without foregoing any of life’s luxuries
Glamping is quickly becoming the hottest new summer travel trend and sweeping across the globe. It’s no secret that people have been camping with their dogs for years, but finally you can Glamp with your dog in total luxury.
No more fretting over ruining your dogs grooming or brining ugly camping supplies along that will just kill your Glamp vibe. Now, there are plenty of pet friendly Glamping destinations and luxury gear for the pampered pup. This is the PupStyle way after all!
1. Choose your destination:
Visit Yellow Stone National Park and stay at Yellow Stone Under Canvas http://www.mtundercanvas.com/glamping.html which offers a huge variety of BEAUTIFUL Glamping tents and is pet friendly! Prices can vary in the hundreds of dollars per night range depending on which accommodations you choose. $25 pet fee.
There are tons pet friendly Glamping spots all across the country and a quick google search can lead the way to more options.
WHAT TO BRING?
4 ESSENTIALS Pieces every dog Glamper must have!!!
1. Dog Carrier: You are going to need a way safely contain your fur baby at times when traveling and Petote’s Lux Rio Bag in ivory does triple duty as a roller carrier, car seat and back pack! $250
2. Travel Bed: Crypton makes a glam yet sturdy travel bed IDEAL for Glamping with your pooch. Beautiful fabrics that are super man strength combined with easy packing design. Use this in both your car and your Glamping destination. Travel Bed Of Roses is- stain, moisture and odor resistant with GreenGuard certified fabric.
3. Travel Throw blanket-Cryton makes a pretty yet outdoorsy throw blanket will be your life saver on a Glamping trip. Use it as a pick-nick blanket, beach blanket throw to cover up your car seats to keep them clean. This will come handy in more ways that you can imagine. Stain, moisture and odor resistant $99.
4. Travel Food & Water Bowls: Sleepy Pod recently launched a BRILLIANT and BEAUTIFUL travel food and bowl set. The Yummy Travel Bowls is a model three-in-one product that that allows a pet owner to store, transport, and serve pet food and water simultaneously, without mixing or spillage of the contents. All in PupStyle $39.99
No need for ugly bags of pet food or treats to be stashed in your pantry any longer! Thanks to Mungo & Maud Dog and Cat Outfitters, now you toss out those unsightly dog food bags and treat containers and put them in beautiful containers that you won’t be ashamed for your guests to look at.
Their elegant, white washed steel dog food storage canister can hold about 22 pounds of dry dog food which comes with a handy scooper for quick and easy feeding. $65
Global Pet Expo is the largest pet product trade show in the country! It’s that time of year again when I spend countless hours sifting through pet products like a sugar junkie in a candy store. The market is rapidly expanding as we weave pets into our every day lifestyle just like two legged children.
I’ve put my trend spotty glasses on, and narrowed it down to 5 key trends to watch you should watch out for in 2013-14.
Top 5 Pet Product Trends From Global Pet Expo 2013
1. Upcycling-Taking recycled products or vintage materials and turning them into something completely new and unique. We found everything from upcycled dog bowls to dog sweaters. Let your “green” imagination go wild and be creative!
2. Prints-Prints, prints, prints and more graphic prints are taking center stage in the pet market especially in the pet home interior space. We spotted amazing prints on everything from dog beds to treat jars. Add a bold a printed bed or treat jar for added color and texture to your home.
3. Green Planet-Designers are experimenting with innovative materials like rice starch to make beautiful eco friendly pet bowls to pet poo-pick up bags that are biodegradable with out any sunlight!
4. Silk Screen Toys-Slik screen photo realistic pictures are showing up on plus toys in all sizes and themes. Your pooch play with a New York taxi cab or chew on Snoop Dog (sorry Snoop) like a steak bone.
5. Giving Back-A vast amount of pet product designers and premium pet food companies are making “giving back” to small and local animal rescue groups a priority in their business models. It’s a new movement away from the usual national pet charities most folks know about.
One festive holiday project that keeps the kids busy and tails wagging is make your own dog biscuits. A simple dough cut in fun and unique shapes and displayed in a pretty container or serving tray is a great shareable gift for neighbor dogs and pet parents alike.
Bubba Roses Biscuit Company Organic Dog biscuit Cook Book is my goto cookbook for simple, organic and healthy dog treats. Below is my all time fav recipe thanks to it’s easy prep and resounding approval from the dogs.
1 1/2 c. oat flour
1 1/2 c. brown rice flour
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
1 c. water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix throughly until a dough forms. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4″ thickness.
Place on an un-greased cookie sheet – they can be pretty close together as they don’t spread much while cooking. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
Once your dog treats are cooled and ready to serve, keep them fresh in an air-tight treat jar placed near the front door of your house. When dog guests arrive, welcome them to your house with a delicious, healthy treat! I found this snazzy little treat container available for $12.99 from homegoods stores nationwide.