Living the PupStylish life means that every aspect of your pets world has a style element incorporated. If you are an interior design junkie or just appreciate a tidy organized home, check out Harry Barker’s line of Sweet Grass dog toys, hemp toy storage bins, food bins and modern leash hooks.
Organize your dogs toys in a durable hemp storage bin with an earth friendly coating on the inside for easy cleaning. The hight is ideal for small and big dogs to reach into to grab a toy and the basket is so pretty it acts as a home furnishing accessory. $36
It’s a breeze to keep your dog toys stylist too. One of my pet peeves are ugly dog toys laying around my house. If a toy is going to be out on the floor, I want it to be interesting or attractive for me to look at as well as fun and safe for my pet.
Harry Barker’s Sweet Grass bone toys are so pretty that you won’t mind seeing them all over the house $12.
Dog food bags are not only space hogs, but down right ugly if you don’t have storage to hid the. If you appreciate a softer, natural look as opposed to the usual metal storage cans, these are ideal for you. The canister is sturdy, recycled steel and the outside is covered in Sweet Grass.
Charity ALERT….Harry Barker will donate a portion of their Sweet Grass Baskets to the International African American Museum in Charleston, South Carolina. Always a love a “giving” brand!! $52
If you are a PupStyler, you own more than one dog leash and have a nice collection of collars to match. Hang your dog leashes on stylish leash hook to display your collection and keep them organized. $22
At PupStyle.com, we believe if a dog toy is in your home and on the floor it should look stylish good! These cute, “Wollies” by Jaxx & Bones are eco friendly, made from boiled wool with reinforced stitching for strength and a super squeaker to boot! Offered in a variety of sizes and prices start at $11.
In honor or earth day, treat your dog to a very cute and stylish organic hemp toy from West Paw Design. Made from anti-microbial material and odor killing material, this toy looks FABULOUS on your floor and can be tossed in the wash for easy cleaning $15.
While at Global Pet Expo in Feb this year, I was thrilled to find Issac Mizarahi’s new line of pet products and anxiously awaiting for be readily available. Still a bit hard to find while digging through the web, but it won’t be long!
Issac could be designing garbage bags and I would still buy them simply because I adore him and know he really is a dog lover not just a poser. He’s following a HOT pet fashion trend using a lot of different plaids but with his signature Isaac twist! His line consists of some of my favs in dog fashion like, neck ties and bow ties for boy dogs and fashion poo pick-up bags. His line is very dark in color waves so you must not be afraid to cross over to the dark side!
When trend spotting at Global Pet Expo this year, I stumbled across a new line of eco friendly dog toys by a new Australian company called DOOG.
The companies founders designed this safe stick after their Pug, Wilbur kept getting mouth injuries after play time with mother nature. They are rolling out an entire family of sticks including a baby stick wearing a diaper…yup, now I’ve seem it all. Sticks in diapers people. $14.95 http://doogshop.com soon to be released and distributed Miracle Products in the USA. Keep an eye out for these to be hitting stores soon! You saw it first here!
Global Pet Expo is the largest pet product trade show in the country! It’s that time of year again when I spend countless hours sifting through pet products like a sugar junkie in a candy store. The market is rapidly expanding as we weave pets into our every day lifestyle just like two legged children.
I’ve put my trend spotty glasses on, and narrowed it down to 5 key trends to watch you should watch out for in 2013-14.
Top 5 Pet Product Trends From Global Pet Expo 2013
1. Upcycling-Taking recycled products or vintage materials and turning them into something completely new and unique. We found everything from upcycled dog bowls to dog sweaters. Let your “green” imagination go wild and be creative!
2. Prints-Prints, prints, prints and more graphic prints are taking center stage in the pet market especially in the pet home interior space. We spotted amazing prints on everything from dog beds to treat jars. Add a bold a printed bed or treat jar for added color and texture to your home.
3. Green Planet-Designers are experimenting with innovative materials like rice starch to make beautiful eco friendly pet bowls to pet poo-pick up bags that are biodegradable with out any sunlight!
4. Silk Screen Toys-Slik screen photo realistic pictures are showing up on plus toys in all sizes and themes. Your pooch play with a New York taxi cab or chew on Snoop Dog (sorry Snoop) like a steak bone.
5. Giving Back-A vast amount of pet product designers and premium pet food companies are making “giving back” to small and local animal rescue groups a priority in their business models. It’s a new movement away from the usual national pet charities most folks know about.
If your going to buy a dog toy for holiday this year that will actually last beyond 2 days, check out the new Garden Fresh collection by P.L.A.Y.
Our rugged toy tester “Flo” the Jack Russell Terrier who can rip apart a toy in seconds has been carrying around her pea pod toy for over a month and it’s still completely intact. A MAJOR MIRACLE. You can buy a box of Fresh veggie toys or each individual. I can personally give this my stamp of approval which is not easy to get. $39