This morning Dara brought folks across the nation helpful tips on keeping your pets safe, healthy & happy this holiday season.
During the holidays it is great to know what stylish goodies around your home can become dangers to your furry friend. Here are a few key things I always tell readers to keep in mind when decking their halls.
- 1. Chocolate has a chemical in it called theobromine which can make your dog very ill and even cause death. Keep all chocolate candy, cookies and cakes out of your dogs reach. Be extra careful if you have a stealthy, large breed dog who can quietly steal food from the counter tops.
- 2. Be careful where you place those lovely candles. Brushed by a dogs wagging tail or knocked over by a climbing kitty and torch your entire home plus can serious burns to your pet.
- 3. We all love twinkling holiday lights, but so do puppies! Make sure you keep electrical cords stashed away from the reach of a teething puppies so your puppy doesn’t light up like a light bulb. That would not be good.
- 4. Glass ornaments if broken and ingested can cause serious internal bleeding and require an emergency visit to your vet.
- 5. Shiny tinsel if swallowed by a dog or cat can be a choking hazard and cause intestinal blockages. Avoid using or place out of reach unless you are confident your pet isn’t interested playing with it.
For more information check out these sites:
Bamboo Disposable Waste Bags & Dispenser
Sherpa Pet Bag American Airlines Carrier
Vet’s Best Travel Calm Supplement
Earth Bath Pet Shampoo & Eye and Ear Wipes
Pepper & Tanky Pet Eau de Parfum
AND for the awesome Chi-reindeer X-mas tree decoration shown in this post check out These Creatures.