Stylish, tech loving pet parents can finally breath a sigh relief thanks to brilliant fashion designers at LINK AKC™ who combined smart home, wearable and mobile technologies together to create a leather collar even Vogue’s Anna Wintour can’t hate on. A new report released by Transparency Market Research is estimating the pet tech wearable market will be worth 2.5 billion in the next 10 years and overall pet spending is forecasted to increase 50% by 2020.
The LINK AKC™ smart collar and app represents the new movement in the quickly growing pet tech wearables category to capture the fashion conscious consumer who will spare no expense to monitor their dogs lifestyle while looking stylish and classy at the same time. Both the collar and app were designed by Link AKC’s dog-loving team of fashion, tech, mobile and canine experts. What makes PupStyle.com editors giddy, is that it’s the first smart collar we’ve seen made of beautiful, high quality, durable latigo leather.
The LINK AKC smart collar is the only convex-shaped smart device designed to fit the natural shape of a dog’s neck. It’s endorsed by American Kennel Club which will give them a huge leg up in the pet space.
The collar has some neat innovative features including a remote-controlled light that you can turn on to help you see your dog at night. This is extremely handy for tracking down your dog in the dark if you loose track of him/her or just keeping safe while on your night and early morning walks. This collar does just about everything you need including a feature that allows you to post pics from the collar to your dogs personal FaceBook and social media pages.
- GPS and location tracking: The LINK AKC smart collar gives dog owners peace of mind with the ability to track the dog’s location with the push of a button and to set custom notification alerts if the dog becomes loose.
- Activity monitoring and insights: The LINK AKC smart collar provides insightful activity recommendations to help owners take a more informed role in managing their dogs’ wellness. Owners can monitor and track their dogs’ daily activity levels to help ensure their dogs are getting the right level of activity for the dog’s breed, age, and size.
- Remote-controlled light: The LINK AKC smart collar is the only smart collar with a remote- controlled light to help an owner find their dog in the dark.
- Adventures: Owners can create a scrapbook with the touch of a button to easily capture special adventures and save precious memories. Owners can easily share these adventures with friends on social media.
- Temperature: Dog owners have the option to set up notifications in the LINK AKC app to be alerted when the dog is in an environment that may be too hot or cold.
The LINK AKC smart collar can be reserved for $199, via www.linkakc.com, and is expected to ship by December 28, 2016. Each LINK AKC smart collar requires the owner to sign up for a monthly membership, which includes the owner’s choice of service plan, in order to activate the device and access the features. That will cost you $6.95 per month with a two-year commitment.