While at Global Pet Expo in Feb this year, I was thrilled to find Issac Mizarahi’s new line of pet products and anxiously awaiting for be readily available. Still a bit hard to find while digging through the web, but it won’t be long!
Issac could be designing garbage bags and I would still buy them simply because I adore him and know he really is a dog lover not just a poser. He’s following a HOT pet fashion trend using a lot of different plaids but with his signature Isaac twist! His line consists of some of my favs in dog fashion like, neck ties and bow ties for boy dogs and fashion poo pick-up bags. His line is very dark in color waves so you must not be afraid to cross over to the dark side!
I’m a little obsessed with JCP right now. Not only do thier stores look amazing but they keep suprising us at every turn. Happy Chic by Jonathan Adler fuses colorful patterns, great design and quality at affordable prices in a glamorous new collection that mixes classic design and current trends.
Part of that collection are these adorable dog bowls and treat jars. A must have for the ” Happy and Chic ” pet owner!
Global Pet Expo is the largest pet product trade show in the country! It’s that time of year again when I spend countless hours sifting through pet products like a sugar junkie in a candy store. The market is rapidly expanding as we weave pets into our every day lifestyle just like two legged children.
I’ve put my trend spotty glasses on, and narrowed it down to 5 key trends to watch you should watch out for in 2013-14.
Top 5 Pet Product Trends From Global Pet Expo 2013
1. Upcycling-Taking recycled products or vintage materials and turning them into something completely new and unique. We found everything from upcycled dog bowls to dog sweaters. Let your “green” imagination go wild and be creative!
2. Prints-Prints, prints, prints and more graphic prints are taking center stage in the pet market especially in the pet home interior space. We spotted amazing prints on everything from dog beds to treat jars. Add a bold a printed bed or treat jar for added color and texture to your home.
3. Green Planet-Designers are experimenting with innovative materials like rice starch to make beautiful eco friendly pet bowls to pet poo-pick up bags that are biodegradable with out any sunlight!
4. Silk Screen Toys-Slik screen photo realistic pictures are showing up on plus toys in all sizes and themes. Your pooch play with a New York taxi cab or chew on Snoop Dog (sorry Snoop) like a steak bone.
5. Giving Back-A vast amount of pet product designers and premium pet food companies are making “giving back” to small and local animal rescue groups a priority in their business models. It’s a new movement away from the usual national pet charities most folks know about.
The prestigious décor of Paris, and testimony to French history, is at the the heart of all Puppy de Paris products. Karin Fainas’ love of Fine Jewelry along with days spent at the Place Vendome inspired these unique luxurious home accouterments. They are so refined and elegant it seems crazy to call them beds and closets!
I am smitten with this combination dog bed armoire! So absolutely regal and posh! The craftsmanship is just amazing!
Lined with the plushest of velvet this lap of luxury item is only for the most discriminating pooch!
Of course with all of this luxury one could not eat from a ceramic dog bowl . Non, non, non, non ,non!!!!!! May we present this lovely fleur-de-lis gold gilded bowl! The first mention of the fleur-de-lis is found in the Bible. It is described as the symbol of the beloved, the one who was chosen. Starting in the twelfth century, the fleur-de-lis became the emblem of royalty in France. It was Henry the IV King of France who said Love me, Love my Dog!
While browsing the Internet for cool stuff to post, I came across this image and instantly fell in love!
Who is this funky little pup and where can I see more? That’s when I discovered Teo Jasmin. In 2001, Angéline Bailly gives birth to her fist child, Téo as well as to her brand which she baptized Téo Jasmin! Her modifications of digital and photographic images on everything from handbags to home goods are insanely addictive!
This is a very interesting looking piece of furniture – What is it? The Happily Ever After Chair was designed by Kim Hyun Joo as a way to blend a dog house and a chair into one piece that let’s both coexist in a small space. Made of cast resin with a fabric seat cushion this looks like a great way to pal around with your pooch during lazy weekends. The design was awarded the prestigious Red Dot Award in 2008. For more information see the designer’s site – Kim Hyun Joo.